quickfixj and CME

Vladimir Kvasov

Hi

is there anyone who tried to use quickfixj to connect CME?

I sent logon message:

8=FIX.4.2
9=83
35=A
34=1
49=XXX123U
52=20070301-12:18:22.505
56=CME
95=3
96=KXX
98=0
108=30
141=Y
10=021

and received logout as a result.

8=FIX.4.2
9=110
35=5
34=413
49=CME
50=G
52=20070301-12:47:32.372
56=XXX123
369=0
58=SenderSubId (50) tag is not present
789=1
10=063

as you can see SenderCompID in logon message and TargetCompID in logout message differs and this fact causes validation failure in quckfixj code.
does CME breaks FIX protocol or quickfixj is too strict?

_________________________________
Vladimir Kvasov

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: quickfixj and CME

ChristopherH

Yeah we do, for the FIX conversations we use I have some documentation on my desk that says SenderSubID is CME required as opposed to FIX required , which is fine I think.

QuickFIXJ is doing the raw FIX fine, the CME has added restrictions to the FIX message in defining their message specification , i.e. they have writen their own message specification on top of FIX which is more restrictive on the header but still a valid thing to do.

a) You MUST populate tag 50 on logon, for a CME logon as opposed to a generic FIX logon, this is the issue with your failed logon not what you highlight ...

b) (The change you highlight in bold is because the last letter the missing U is the FTI (fault tolerance indicator van be U or P or B or N)  i.e. its not part of the identifier as such) its NOT this that causes your error is a)

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email]
Subject:  [Quickfixj-users] quickfixj and CME
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:51:00 +0300
>QuickFIX/J Documentation: http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>QuickFIX/J Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Hi

is there anyone who tried to use quickfixj
to connect CME?

I sent logon message:

8=FIX.4.2

9=83

35=A

34=1

49=XXX123U

52=20070301-12:18:22.505

56=CME

95=3

96=KXX

98=0

108=30

141=Y

10=021

and received logout as a result.

8=FIX.4.2

9=110

35=5

34=413

49=CME

50=G

52=20070301-12:47:32.372

56=XXX123

369=0

58=SenderSubId (50) tag is not present

789=1

10=063

as you can see SenderCompID in logon
message and TargetCompID in logout message differs and this fact causes
validation failure in quckfixj code.

does CME breaks FIX protocol or quickfixj
is too strict?

_________________________________
Vladimir Kvasov

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN Video

Re: quickfixj and CME

Vladimir Kvasov

Hi Chris

I know the reason why I received logout. Yes, I didn't supply SenderSubID field.
the problem is that quickfix can't handle this logout correctly because of SenderCompID/TargetCompID discrepancy
and instead of processing logout message it tries to send reject back to the market and fails to do so because I'm not logged in.

wbr

_________________________________
Vladimir Kvasov

"Chris Hurst" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

05.03.2007 14:32

Please respond to
[hidden email]; Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [Quickfixj-users] quickfixj and CME

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email]
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:51:00 +0300
>QuickFIX/J Documentation: http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>QuickFIX/J Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Hi

is there anyone who tried to use quickfixj

to connect CME?

I sent logon message:

8=FIX.4.2

9=83

35=A

34=1

49=XXX123U

52=20070301-12:18:22.505

56=CME

95=3

96=KXX

98=0

108=30

141=Y

10=021

and received logout as a result.

8=FIX.4.2

9=110

35=5

34=413

49=CME

50=G

52=20070301-12:47:32.372

56=XXX123

369=0

58=SenderSubId (50) tag is not present

789=1

10=063

as you can see SenderCompID in logon

message and TargetCompID in logout message differs and this fact causes
validation failure in quckfixj code.

does CME breaks FIX protocol or quickfixj

is too strict?

_________________________________

Vladimir Kvasov

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN Video -------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: quickfixj and CME

ChristopherH

Ok, didn't follow the point you were making.

Our Session.java (QuickFixJ) handles backup adapters etc. as part of this we detect the FTI flag and allow for its prescence, currently on each QuickFixJ we merge in our code over the top (its not a lot of code). I haven't looked to see if there are any message pre processing hooks you could make use of via a listener or whatver to achieve the same effect but it does look like you can't just use the code out of the box, as you just need to ignore the flag it may be a bit easier for you.

We actually use the FIT functionality have backup adapters etc.

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email], [hidden email]
Subject:  Re: [Quickfixj-users] quickfixj and CME
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:53:05 +0300

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>

To:  [hidden email]
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:51:00 +0300
>QuickFIX/J Documentation: http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>QuickFIX/J Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Hi

is there anyone who tried to use quickfixj

to connect CME?

I sent logon message:

8=FIX.4.2

9=83

35=A

34=1

49=XXX123U

52=20070301-12:18:22.505

56=CME

95=3

96=KXX

98=0

108=30

141=Y

10=021

and received logout as a result.

8=FIX.4.2

9=110

35=5

34=413

49=CME

50=G

52=20070301-12:47:32.372

56=XXX123

369=0

58=SenderSubId (50) tag is not present

789=1

10=063

as you can see SenderCompID in logon

message and TargetCompID in logout message
differs and this fact causes

validation failure in quckfixj code.

does CME breaks FIX protocol or quickfixj

is too strict?

_________________________________

Vladimir Kvasov

---

This e-mail may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you

are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error)

please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any

unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

>Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
your
>opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn
cash
>http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN
Video

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN Video

Re: quickfixj and CME

Vladimir Kvasov

Hi

    private boolean isCorrectCompID(String senderCompID, String targetCompID) {
        return sessionID.getSenderCompID().equals(targetCompID)
                && sessionID.getTargetCompID().equals(senderCompID);
    }

thank you
it looks like I'll need to hack Session.java
not very convinient. we use quickfixj in several projects so need to be careful with updates.

wbr

_________________________________
Vladimir Kvasov

"Chris Hurst" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

05.03.2007 15:13

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email], [hidden email]
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:53:05 +0300

From:  Vladimir Kvasov <[hidden email]>

To:  [hidden email]
Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:51:00 +0300
>QuickFIX/J Documentation: http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>QuickFIX/J Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Hi

is there anyone who tried to use quickfixj

to connect CME?

I sent logon message:

8=FIX.4.2

9=83

35=A

34=1

49=XXX123U

52=20070301-12:18:22.505

56=CME

95=3

96=KXX

98=0

108=30

141=Y

10=021

and received logout as a result.

8=FIX.4.2

9=110

35=5

34=413

49=CME

50=G

52=20070301-12:47:32.372

56=XXX123

369=0

58=SenderSubId (50) tag is not present

789=1

10=063

as you can see SenderCompID in logon

message and TargetCompID in logout message

differs and this fact causes

validation failure in quckfixj code.

does CME breaks FIX protocol or quickfixj

is too strict?

_________________________________

Vladimir Kvasov

---

This e-mail may contain confidential

and/or privileged information. If you

are not the intended recipient (or have

received this e-mail in error)

please notify the sender immediately

and destroy this e-mail. Any

unauthorized copying, disclosure or

distribution of the material in this

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

>Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
your
>opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn
cash
>http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN
Video -------------------------------------------------------------------------
your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN Video -------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

quickfix.ConfigError

AWang

Can anyone tell me why I got the following errors. I did not change my
configur file. And it was working this morning. Thanks,

Alvin

- #0001 was active for 5469 milliseconds and has been removed automaticaly.
The Thread responsible was named 'main', but the last SQL it performed is
unknown because the trace property is not enabled.

Hit uncaught exception quickfix.ConfigError
quickfix.ConfigError: error during session initialization

      at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.createSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:113)

      at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.<init>(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:68)

      at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.<init>(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:60)

      at
quickfix.ThreadedSocketInitiator.<init>(ThreadedSocketInitiator.java:32)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't
perform the operation prepareStatement: You can't perform any operations on
this connection. It has been automatically closed by Proxool for some
reason (see logs).

      at quickfix.JdbcStoreFactory.create(JdbcStoreFactory.java:44)

      at quickfix.Session.<init>(Session.java:244)

      at
quickfix.DefaultSessionFactory.create(DefaultSessionFactory.java:147)

      at
quickfix.mina.SessionConnector.createSession(SessionConnector.java:114)

      at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.createSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:107)

      ... 7 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't perform the operation
prepareStatement: You can't perform any operations on this connection. It
has been automatically closed by Proxool for some reason (see logs).

      at
org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.WrappedConnection.invoke(WrappedConnection.java:207)

      at
org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.WrappedConnection.intercept(WrappedConnection.java:87)

      at
$java.sql.Connection$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$86caa0be.prepareStatement(<generated>)

      at quickfix.JdbcStore.loadCache(JdbcStore.java:111)

      at quickfix.JdbcStore.<init>(JdbcStore.java:65)

      at quickfix.JdbcStoreFactory.create(JdbcStoreFactory.java:42)

      ... 11 more

Exception in thread "main"

This e-mail message is intended solely for the use of the addressee.
The message may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.
Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disseminate,
distribute or copy this communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail(including the original
message with your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the
message. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of  transmitting
software viruses but nevertheless advise you to carry out your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message.  We accept
no liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Re: quickfix.ConfigError

AWang

Does anyone happen to know what went wrong with this one? We are very
concerned about the reliability and stability of QF/J. Thanks.

Alvin

             Alvin Wang/FFTW

             PM                        [hidden email]
                                       et
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       quickfix.ConfigError(Document link:
                                       Alvin Wang)

Hi,

[...]

Joerg Thoennes
On 03/08/2007 09:25 PM, Alvin Wang wrote:
> Does anyone happen to know what went wrong with this one? We are very
> concerned about the reliability and stability of QF/J. Thanks.

Hi Alwin,

the ConfigError was thrown since the JDBC connection could not be initialized:

   Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't perform the operation
   prepareStatement: You can't perform any operations on this connection. It
   has been automatically closed by Proxool for some reason (see logs).

What is Proxool? Did you check its logs?

I wonder why you suspect QF/J does anything bad. To me it seems like a database connection issue.

Cheers, Jörg

> [...]
>

>                                                                 *******************************************************************************
> This e-mail message is intended solely for the use of the addressee.
> The message may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential.
> Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disseminate,
> distribute or copy this communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead,
> please notify us immediately by return e-mail(including the original
> message with your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the
> message. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of  transmitting
> software viruses but nevertheless advise you to carry out your own
> virus checks on any attachment to this message.  We accept
> no liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

http://www.macd.com                 Tel.: +49 (0)241 44597-24
Macdonald Associates GmbH           Geschäftsführer: Roger Macdonald
Lothringer Str. 52, D-52070 Aachen  Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 8151, Ust.-Id DE813021663

Re: quickfix.ConfigError

AWang
I do not know what is Proxool which comes with QFJ.

Well, I did make sure the database connection was ok.  The error was saying
"Couldn't perform the operation
   prepareStatement: You can't perform any operations on this connection.
It
   has been automatically closed by Proxool for some reason (see logs)."
so this is not a problem whether or not JDBC connection could be
initialized, but that the connection was closed by Proxool  for some
reason...

             Joerg Thoennes
             <Joerg.Thoennes@m
             acd.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  [hidden email]
             quickfixj-users-b         et
             [hidden email]                                          cc
             ceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Quickfixj-users]
             03/08/2007 04:08          quickfix.ConfigError
             PM

             Please respond to
             quickfixj-users@l
             ists.sourceforge.
                    net

On 03/08/2007 09:25 PM, Alvin Wang wrote:
> Does anyone happen to know what went wrong with this one? We are very
> concerned about the reliability and stability of QF/J. Thanks.

Hi Alwin,

the ConfigError was thrown since the JDBC connection could not be
initialized:

   Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't perform the operation
   prepareStatement: You can't perform any operations on this connection.
It
   has been automatically closed by Proxool for some reason (see logs).

What is Proxool? Did you check its logs?

I wonder why you suspect QF/J does anything bad. To me it seems like a
database connection issue.

Cheers, Jörg

>              Alvin Wang/FFTW

>              03/05/2007 12:34
>              PM
[hidden email]
> [...]

> Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disseminate,
> distribute or copy this communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead,
> please notify us immediately by return e-mail(including the original
> message with your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the
> message. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of  transmitting
> software viruses but nevertheless advise you to carry out your own
> virus checks on any attachment to this message.  We accept
> no liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Joerg Thoennes
http://www.macd.com                 Tel.: +49 (0)241 44597-24
Macdonald Associates GmbH           Geschäftsführer: Roger Macdonald
Lothringer Str. 52, D-52070 Aachen  Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 8151, Ust.-Id

Stephen Bate
> Does anyone happen to know what went wrong with this one? We are very
> concerned about the reliability and stability of QF/J. Thanks.

Alvin,

I haven't seen this problem before. I don't see any reason at this
point to believe it's a QFJ bug. If I understand you previous message
correctly, you weren't seeing this problem and then one day it
started happening without any correlation to code changes? Is that
correct?

Steve

Re: quickfix.ConfigError

AWang
That is correct. Today, I tried again, it went back to notmal. Hopefully, it is our db problem, although I cannot figure it out.