Quantcast

org.quickfixj-1.6.1 - log4j jars missing

org.quickfixj-1.6.1 - log4j jars missing

thannon
This post was updated on .
I have built org.quickfixj-1.6.1 and am getting the following output to stderr...

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Is log4j not included with QF/J 1.6.1?

Re: org.quickfixj-1.6.1 - log4J jars missing

Colin DuPlantis

You need to include an SLF4J implemention JAR, like log4j. Take a look
here:
http://saltnlight5.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-configure-slf4j-with-different.html

On 04/14/2016 09:03 AM, thannon wrote:

> I have built org.quickfixj-1.6.1 and am getting the following output to
> stderr...
>
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
> details.
>
> Is log4j not included with QF/J 1.6.1?

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
888.868.4884 +1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Re: org.quickfixj-1.6.1 - log4J jars missing

thannon
Hi Colin,

I realize the need to include the implementation.  This was included with QF/J 1.5.3 binary.  This is the first time I have built QF/J from source.

My question is does QF/J 1.6.1 no longer include this or did I miss something when downloading the Maven project from GitHub?

Regards - Tommy

Colin DuPlantis wrote

You need to include an SLF4J implemention JAR, like log4j. Take a look
here:
http://saltnlight5.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-configure-slf4j-with-different.html

On 04/14/2016 09:03 AM, thannon wrote:

> I have built org.quickfixj-1.6.1 and am getting the following output to
> stderr...
>
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
> details.
>
> Is log4j not included with QF/J 1.6.1?

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
888.868.4884 +1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Re: org.quickfixj-1.6.1 - log4J jars missing

Hi Tommy,

you are right, QFJ 1.5.3 did include log4j in the "optional"folder.
So you need to add your desired log4j version with 1.6+.

Cheers,
Chris.