jxm new version

Mark Zeldis

Hello,

Your jmx additions look great!

I was wondering, when do you plan on releasing the new version?

Are their any other front ends (besides the future jmx one) which allow us to manage sessions (ie. set seq number, connect/disconnect, etc)?

I’m a little confused how people have been able to use this product without that.  For example, what if you had to disconnect a session in the middle of the day or what if you needed to do a sequence number reset.  How do people handle that now?

Thanks for your help and thanks for making a great product!

-Mark

Re: jxm new version

Stephen Bate

> Hello,
>

> Your jmx additions look great!
>

> I was wondering, when do you plan on releasing the new version?

Hi Mark,

It should be soon.

> Are their any other front ends (besides the future jmx one) which allow
> us to manage sessions (ie. set seq number, connect/disconnect, etc)?

Any JMX-capable management console (JConsole, MX4J, JManage, ...).
It will also integrate with large commercial network management
software like HP OpenView or BMC Patrol.

There are some pointers in the trunk documentation.

> I'm a little confused how people have been able to use this product
> without that.  For example, what if you had to disconnect a session in
> the middle of the day or what if you needed to do a sequence number
> reset.  How do people handle that now?

Currently, you'd need to bring down the server with the FIX connect,
change sequence (specifics on how to do this depend on the message
store implementation) and restart the server.

Steve