Quantcast

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

cristian.lucaci

How can I add a listener to the SocketInitiator , so I can notify some monitor tool, that the other side is not up, when I get
Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)?

The FIX session already has a listener, but since the session is not established yet, it does not help me.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Kindly regards.

Re: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

cristian.lucaci

No ideas? I tried everything I knew, I can not even catch the exception, it seems that everything is too private for outside access.

Thanks.

How can I add a listener to the SocketInitiator , so I can notify some monitor tool, that the other side is not up, when I get
Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)?

The FIX session already has a listener, but since the session is not established yet, it does not help me.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Kindly regards.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

Kenny Stone-3

I think onLogout is called.

--
Kenny Stone
Connamara Systems, LLC

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Bighi <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX/J Documentation: <a href="http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/ QuickFIX/J" target="_blank">http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/

No ideas? I tried everything I knew, I can not even catch the exception, it seems that everything is too private for outside access.

Thanks.

Re: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

cristian.lucaci

Hi Kenny,

No, onLogout is not called, and a onDisconnect or something similar is not available.

Thanks.

No ideas? I tried everything I knew, I can not even catch the exception, it seems that everything is too private for outside access.

Thanks.

Re: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information (Next retry in 30000 milliseconds)

Grant Birchmeier

Oh, that's right.  OnLogout is only called when a connected session goes down.

If you are attempting to connect a session and are refused, no callback is triggered.

Unfortunately, I don't think QF/J gives you any way of being notified.  You could set a timer that creates an alert if a session didn't come up (i.e. if OnLogin is not invoked) before timeout... It's not pretty, but it might work.

-Grant