Quantcast

getSessionProperties true vs false or DataDictionary with DEFAULT section settings?

getSessionProperties true vs false or DataDictionary with DEFAULT section settings?

Robert Nicholson

In Quickfixj 1.5.3 is there a way to get a DataDictionary created it’s path having read the defaultProperties
but still have it setup correctly from the defaultProperties themselves?

if you do

new DataDictionary(dataDictionaryPath) at that time there’s nothing in the returned DataDictionary
that syncs up with the DEFAULT section of the ini file.

How do you create a DataDictionary from SessionSettings and have the DataDictionary reflect all
of those settings and not just the section that matches only the session?

In this case I don’t care about creating a Session. I just need a DataDictionary that obeys all the settings
from my .ini file’s DEFAULT section.

Do I have to brute force this myself?

When I do the above I end up down a path where SessionSettings.getSessionProperties is called with includeDefaults=false

Re: getSessionProperties true vs false or DataDictionary with DEFAULT section settings?

AFAIK the only way is using the SessionFactory, which creates the Session. I cannot test with 1.5.3
but it should be the same way:

-----------
settings.setString(sessionID, Session.SETTING_DATA_DICTIONARY, "FIX42.xml");
settings.setString(sessionID, Session.SETTING_USE_DATA_DICTIONARY, "Y");
settings.setString(Session.SETTING_ALLOW_UNKNOWN_MSG_FIELDS, "Y");  // DEFAULT section
System.out.println(settings);
Session session = factory.create(sessionID, settings);
DataDictionary dataDictionary = session.getDataDictionary();
System.out.println("dataDictionary.isAllowUnknownMessageFields() " +
dataDictionary.isAllowUnknownMessageFields() );
-----------

output:
-----------
[DEFAULT]
AllowUnknownMsgFields=Y
[SESSION]
EndTime=16:00:00
ConnectionType=initiator
StartTime=09:00:00
DataDictionary=FIX42.xml
UseDataDictionary=Y
BeginString=FIX.4.2
HeartBtInt=10

Oct 14, 2016 9:39:35 AM quickfix.SessionSchedule <init>
INFO: [FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET] daily, 09:00:00-UTC - 16:00:00-UTC
<20161014-07:39:35, FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET, event> (Session FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET schedule is
daily, 09:00:00-UTC - 16:00:00-UTC)
<20161014-07:39:35, FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET, event> (Session state is not current; resetting
FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET)
<20161014-07:39:35, FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET, event> (Created session: FIX.4.2:SENDER->TARGET)
dataDictionary.isAllowUnknownMessageFields() true

Cheers,
Chris.