fromApp Message dropping certain fields....

fromApp Message dropping certain fields....

Kumar, Shashi

I am writing this mail as I am stuck with the fromApp method and unable to proceed.

I tried to check on the internet but got very few references.

We are using the qui9ckfixj client to connect to our FIX APPIA engine.

I am facing a particular issue wherein the fromApp method is dropping some fields from the outbound FIX message.

I made sure that I have the latest FIX44.xml file.

The issue is as follows.

My local code is connecting to the FIX APPIA engine and most messages are going through fine.

When I receive the message via the fromApp() call back, I see that few fields are dropped.

Please refer to the attachment.

The larger message gets printed in my inbound fix log by the quickfixJ api.

The second message is what I get in the fromApp method.

The problem is that it is dropping certain key fields which need for further functionality.

Any help in this matter is great.

Regards,

Shashi Kumar

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

quickfixJmessageIssue.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: fromApp Message dropping certain fields....

Colin DuPlantis

It looks like you've got some custom fields in your message:

22149=Moodys
35639=20161223

etc

Did you add them to your FIX44.xml file?

On 11/03/2016 08:03 AM, Kumar, Shashi wrote:

[...]

Training and support from Colfax.

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade