customizing quickfixj

Lev Grevnin

Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is a way in quickfixj to create your own xml message schema file (say FIXMYOWN.xml), so that during the build process it will correctly generate all packages and classes, as it currently does for other versions, say FIX4.4.xml, for example.  If i create one, it doesn't seem to get picked up by the build.xml. I mean, is this a legal thing to do with quickfixj anyway?  Has anyone tried something like this before?

thanks in advance.

Lev Grevnin
Market Making and ETrading
Rates IT
work: +7 495 644 3191
mobile: +7 917 504 3004
alternate e-mail:
[hidden email]

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: customizing quickfixj

Martin Ellis-5
Lev Grevnin wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way in quickfixj to create your own xml
> message schema file (say FIXMYOWN.xml), so that during the build process
> it will correctly generate all packages and classes, as it currently
> does for other versions, say FIX4.4.xml, for example.  If i create one,
> it doesn't seem to get picked up by the build.xml. I mean, is this a
> legal thing to do with quickfixj anyway?  Has anyone tried something
> like this before?

You might have to modify the stuff in src/main/java/quickfix/codegen:

Here's an excerpt:

     private void generateFieldClasses() ... {
         for (int fixMinorVersion = 4; fixMinorVersion >= 0; fixMinorVersion--) {
             String outputDirectory = outputBaseDir + "/quickfix/field/";

So it looks like the current code is specific to the FIX versions that
QuickFIX/J knows about, and that some tinkering would be required ...

Martin