Quantcast

Use username and password for logon

Nikita Nemade

I am creating a quickfix acceptor and need to validate username and password on logon.
I have added following code in fromAdmin fuction in my acceptor.

public void fromAdmin(Message message, SessionID sessioSettings)
throws FieldNotFound, IncorrectDataFormat, IncorrectTagValue, RejectLogon {
if (message instanceof quickfix.fix42.Logon) {
      quickfix.fix42.Logon logon = (quickfix.fix42.Logon) message;
try {
        String username = logon.getString(quickfix.field.Username.FIELD);
        String password = logon.getString(quickfix.field.Password.FIELD);

        if (password!="nnemade")
        {
        throw new RejectLogon();
        }

     }
catch (Exception ex) {
    throw new RuntimeException();
 }
}
System.out.println("New From Message");
System.out.println(message.toString());
}

When I try to parse my logon message from client, I can see username and password in it.
But,I am receiving following error

Apr 28, 2016 8:08:56 PM quickfix.Session disconnect
INFO: [FIX.4.2:AC->QI] Disconnecting: Encountered END_OF_STREAM

Also I do not see "New From Message" which I and printing on console in fromAdmin function.
Can someone please help with this.

Regards,

Nikita Nemade
Senior Software Engineer

Indus Valley Partners | Unit- 153/154 | 2nd Floor | SDF- 5 | SEEPZ SEZ | Andheri (E) | Mumbai 400096.
Email ID: nnemade@ivp.in  Websitewww.ivp.in | Sype: ivp.nnemade

Disclaimer:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals or entities addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Indus Valley Partners (India) Pvt. Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this mail is strictly prohibited.

Re: Use username and password for logon

ChristopherH

Should you be using != for string comparison .. do we guarantee the password string has been intern'ed ?

Have you tried ...

if (password.compareTo("nnemade")!=0)

or it would reject if the password in the logon is not interned as you're doing reference equality (which would be faster in fairness). Does that get you New From Message ?

From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:13:43 +0530
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Quickfixj-users] Use username and password for logon

Hi, I am creating a quickfix acceptor and need to validate username and password on logon. I have added following code in fromAdmin fuction in my acceptor. public void fromAdmin(Message message, SessionID sessioSettings) throws FieldNotFound, IncorrectDataFormat, IncorrectTagValue, RejectLogon { if (message instanceof quickfix.fix42.Logon) { quickfix.fix42.Logon logon = (quickfix.fix42.Logon) message; try { String username = logon.getString(quickfix.field.Username.FIELD); String password = logon.getString(quickfix.field.Password.FIELD); if (password!="nnemade") { throw new RejectLogon(); } } catch (Exception ex) { throw new RuntimeException(); } } System.out.println("New From Message"); System.out.println(message.toString()); } When I try to parse my logon message from client, I can see username and password in it. But,I am receiving following error Apr 28, 2016 8:08:56 PM quickfix.Session disconnect INFO: [FIX.4.2:AC->QI] Disconnecting: Encountered END_OF_STREAM Also I do not see "New From Message" which I and printing on console in fromAdmin function. Can someone please help with this. *Regards,* *Nikita Nemade* *Senior Software Engineer* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* Indus Valley Partners | Unit- 153/154 | 2nd Floor | SDF- 5 | SEEPZ SEZ | Andheri (E) | Mumbai 400096. Email ID: nnemade @ivp.in | Website: www.ivp.in | Sype: ivp.nnemade Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals or entities addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Indus Valley Partners (India) Pvt. Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this mail is strictly prohibited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z

Re: Use username and password for logon

Nikita Nemade

Hi Chris,

I dont feel fromAdmin method is even called as I do not see message I am printing in the method on console.

On Apr 28, 2016 8:45 PM, "Nikita Nemade" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

QuickFIX/J
Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Should you be using != for string comparison .. do we guarantee the password string has been intern'ed ?

Have you tried ...

if (password.compareTo("nnemade")!=0)

or it would reject if the password in the logon is not interned as you're doing reference equality (which would be faster in fairness). Does that get you New From Message ?

Re: Use username and password for logon

Robert Engels-2

You are a senior software engineer. Start with running the provided examples. If you can't get those to run you have other issues.

If the examples work then the library works so it is something on you end.

No one is going to review your code and tell you what is wrong with it for free...

[...]

Hi Robert,
I am senior software engineer but working on quickfix for first time. I suppose intention behind creating this email group was that people can help others with what they have learnt through their experience working on quickfix.

I would be grateful if you could share existing example for logon with credentials (quickfix), because after spending whole day atleast I couldn't find it.

Intention behind sharing code snippet was not to get someone debug it but it is easier to u Der stand the context of problem.

Also there are people who like to share knowledge for free and it increases more you share it. Most of the people have joined this group with same intention as to get their own problems solved as well as help others.

If you don't like to help for free nevermind. There is no need to be rude. It is simpler to ignore and not reply.

[...]

I wasn't being rude. You asked why no one was helping, and I was trying to show you a path that could get you to the point that someone would be able to help you.

You might need to start with generic JDBC database connection examples first to make sure you understand how to do this before tackling JDBC with QuickfixJ.

Re: Use username and password for logon

Grant Birchmeier

It sounds like your problems are more basic than username/password.

Are you sure that your initiator connecting with your acceptor?  Do you see 35=0 heartbeat messages being recorded in the logs of each app?  This is the first thing you need to do.

Is your app configured to write message logs?  Make sure you are passing a FileLogFactory into your application instead of a ScreenLogFactory, and configure the destination path in your config file.  Your message log will record every FIX message sent and received by your app, and it is the single most important thing you will need when solving problems.  (DO NOT confuse this with the event log, which is mostly useless.)

If your apps are heartbeating, then you can be sure that ToAdmin/FromAdmin are being called.  Any print statements in there should be printing to your console.

From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:13:43 +0530
To: [hidden email]

[...]

Connamara Systems, LLC