Testing Tool

Alex McGlashan

Hi All,

I’m developing a FIX acceptor application using QFJ in the absence of any specific initiator.  Does anyone know of an automated tool for testing such an application?

Cheers,

Alex

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.

Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

Re: Testing Tool

toli
Alex,

If you don't find anything exactly like what you are looking for
off-the-shelf, it should be fairly simple and straightforward to
configure our Marketcetera platform to do what you want.

It's an open-source system that has an order-routing component (OMS)
and a batch-loading order sender (OrderLoader).

the OMS conects via FIX to your QFJ acceptor, and then you run the
OrderLoader to send a bunch of orders through the OMS to your
acceptor. the OrderLoader reads a text file of orders, so you can
preload it with all the test cases to cover your various acceptor
functionality

Since the code is open-sourced, you can use the core libraries
directly to use this functionality in JUnit tests as well.

the OMS currently only supports FIX4.2, but we are changing that in
the next release.

you can find more information at http://trac.marketcetera.org/. I'd be
happy to walk you through it if you have any questions.

--
Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform

Re: Testing Tool