Tag order from SocketConnectorIoProcessor?

Tag order from SocketConnectorIoProcessor?

Robert Nicholson

Can the tag order that is visible from the SocketConnectorIoProcessor be influenced by the order of the tags in the FIX dictionary?

Is what is written into the SocketConenctorIoProcessor in exactly the same order as it was when it was received over the wire?

I have two messages from each end where the order of tags differs but the checksum is the same.

Re: Tag order from SocketConnectorIoProcessor?

The SocketConnectorIoProcessor is a MINA component and called before QFJ gets the message, so it
should be the wire format. As soon as QFJ gets the message, it reorders the tags as in the data
dictionary.
When in doubt, look atthe MINA debug logging, it should print what is received on the wire.

Chris.

On 18/10/16 13:43, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Can the tag order that is visible from the SocketConnectorIoProcessor be influenced by the order of the tags in the FIX dictionary?
>
> Is what is written into the SocketConenctorIoProcessor in exactly the same order as it was when it was received over the wire?
>
> I have two messages from each end where the order of tags differs but the checksum is the same.

Re: Tag order from SocketConnectorIoProcessor?

Robert Nicholson

Ok in this case it was a message being reported in a reject so I guess the order in those isn’t guaranteed to match the original order.