QuickFIXJ - Initiator High Availability function

QuickFIXJ - Initiator High Availability function

郭程

Dear,

I just learn the QuickFIXJ, may I know if anyone already implemented the HA function for the Initiator side, or if someone could give some suggestion?
Description as below:
We act as the FIX initiator, connect to the external acceptor, we're thinking if could deploy the initiator as active-passive module, which one server is the primary, and the other is the backup, if the primary crashed suddenly, secondary server will take the active role.
Checked the QuickFIX document, it didnt have this module I think.
Could anyone share your view on this? Thanks.

Regards,
Cheng

Re: QuickFIXJ - Initiator High Availability function

Guido Medina

Hi Cheng,

We do this by sharding the connection ID (assuming each connector ID comes from a database you can treat each ID as a hash), each node handles a set of connectors,
if a node goes down the cluster will redistribute all IDs among remaining nodes, you can use something like Akka sharding for that,
though we have our own version of a sharding mechanism and active-passive watchers of the cluster which are in charge of distributing IDs among nodes.

HTH,

Guido.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM, 郭程 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear,

I just learn the QuickFIXJ, may I know if anyone already implemented the HA function for the Initiator side, or if someone could give some suggestion?
Description as below:
We act as the FIX initiator, connect to the external acceptor, we're thinking if could deploy the initiator as active-passive module, which one server is the primary, and the other is the backup, if the primary crashed suddenly, secondary server will take the active role.
Checked the QuickFIX document, it didnt have this module I think.
Could anyone share your view on this? Thanks.

Regards,
Cheng

Re: QuickFIXJ - Initiator High Availability function

郭程

Hi Guido,

Thanks a lot, I'll investigate the Akka sharding you mentioned.

Regards,
Cheng

At 2017-04-04 21:11:10, "Guido Medina" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks a lot Colin, I'll go through the Hazelcast

在 2017年4月4日,下午9:09,Colin DuPlantis <[hidden email]> 写道: