QuickFIX/J PRs

lb

QuickFIX/J PRs

lb

PR #44 is aimed to add initial support for different SessionSettings loaders with the goal to make it easy to integrate quickfixj configuration in application's configuration (i.e. I often use YAML and I'd like to have a single configuration file or use the same format). This PR is not yet complete but before going ahead and support for additional formats like XML, properties and so on, I'd like to know if make sense for you to have it in quickfixj codebase.

PR #45 is aimed to add support for travis-ci so we can see if PRs can build or not and you can automatically push SNAPSHOTS to i.e. Sonatype OSS

Regards,
Luca

Re: QuickFIX/J PRs

Hi Luca,

of course your PRs make a lot of sense. IIRC a lot of people are not using the default session
settings format. E.g. in our software we are using them as properties.
For now I have labelled them for the version 1.7.0 since they seem to break backward compatibility
(at least a little). I hope that's OK with you.

I don't have any experience with travis-ci. There is a Bamboo build server at
http://www.quickfixj.org:8085/browse/QFJ-GIT but I guess travis-ci is more github integrated.

Cheers,
Chris.

On 20/08/15 08:36, lb wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've submitted a couple of PRs on GitHub:
> - https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/pull/44
> - https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/pull/45
>
> PR #44 is aimed to add initial support for different SessionSettings loaders with the goal to make
> it easy to integrate quickfixj configuration in application's configuration (i.e. I often use YAML
> and I'd like to have a single configuration file or use the same format). This PR is not yet
> complete but before going ahead and support for additional formats like XML, properties and so on,
> I'd like to know if make sense for you to have it in quickfixj codebase.
>
> PR #45 is aimed to add support for travis-ci so we can see if PRs can build or not and you can
> automatically push SNAPSHOTS to i.e. Sonatype OSS
>
> Regards,
> Luca

lb

Re: QuickFIX/J PRs

lb

Hi Chris,
thank you for your answer.

- I'm ok for 1.7.0, as PR #44 definitively introduces a small break in backward compatibility
- bamboo is ok too, the only advantage of travis-ci is that GitHub shows the build results of PRs and it is something I rate useful but maybe you can have the same result with bamboo.

Luca

On 20/08/15 08:36, lb wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've submitted a couple of PRs on GitHub:
> - https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/pull/44
> - https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/pull/45
>
> PR #44 is aimed to add initial support for different SessionSettings loaders with the goal to make
> it easy to integrate quickfixj configuration in application's configuration (i.e. I often use YAML
> and I'd like to have a single configuration file or use the same format). This PR is not yet
> complete but before going ahead and support for additional formats like XML, properties and so on,
> I'd like to know if make sense for you to have it in quickfixj codebase.
>
> PR #45 is aimed to add support for travis-ci so we can see if PRs can build or not and you can
> automatically push SNAPSHOTS to i.e. Sonatype OSS
>
> Regards,
> Luca

Direct: <a href="tel:%2B49%20241%20557080-28" value="+4924155708028">+49 241 557080-28
Mailto:[hidden email]

http://www.macd.com <http://www.macd.com/>

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B49%20241%20557080-0" value="+492415570800">+49 241 557080-0 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B49%20241%20557080-10" value="+4924155708010">+49 241 557080-10