Question about logout and logging back in

Question about logout and logging back in

web user

I'm in the process of certification with a broker. Part of the certification steps are:

Have Customer Logout
Do partial execution
Have customer Log back in

from this old thread:

http://quickfix-j.364392.n2.nabble.com/Why-does-QuickfixJ-still-initiate-logon-after-sending-logout-response-td7578396.html

Questions:

1. It seems, that if I logout during a valid session time, quickfixj will try to log back in? If so, how can i force quickfix/j to not log back in?

2. Is this the correct way to do a logout:

Session.lookupSession(sessionID).logout();

3. How should I log back in?

Thanks,

WU

Re: Question about logout and logging back in

Daniel Marques-2

I imagine what you are really being asked is the following:

1. submit an order
2. kill the process managing the fix connection
3. let the other side partially fill the order (i.e. wait for their permission before proceeding to the next step)
4. restart the application that manages the fix connection
5. confirm that you're re-log on, sequence numbers are in sync, and you received the partial fill

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM, web user <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm in the process of certification with a broker. Part of the certification steps are:

Have Customer Logout
Do partial execution
Have customer Log back in

from this old thread:

http://quickfix-j.364392.n2.nabble.com/Why-does-QuickfixJ-still-initiate-logon-after-sending-logout-response-td7578396.html

Questions:

1. It seems, that if I logout during a valid session time, quickfixj will try to log back in? If so, how can i force quickfix/j to not log back in?

2. Is this the correct way to do a logout:

Session.lookupSession(sessionID).logout();

3. How should I log back in?

Thanks,

WU

Re: Question about logout and logging back in

Daniel Marques-2

To explicitly state my conclusion - you shouldn't need to make any changes to the way your application handles logon or logoff.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Daniel Marques <[hidden email]> wrote:
I imagine what you are really being asked is the following:

1. submit an order
2. kill the process managing the fix connection
3. let the other side partially fill the order (i.e. wait for their permission before proceeding to the next step)
4. restart the application that manages the fix connection
5. confirm that you're re-log on, sequence numbers are in sync, and you received the partial fill

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM, web user <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX/J
Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

I'm in the process of certification with a broker. Part of the certification steps are:

Have Customer Logout
Do partial execution
Have customer Log back in

from this old thread:

http://quickfix-j.364392.n2.nabble.com/Why-does-QuickfixJ-still-initiate-logon-after-sending-logout-response-td7578396.html

Questions:

1. It seems, that if I logout during a valid session time, quickfixj will try to log back in? If so, how can i force quickfix/j to not log back in?

2. Is this the correct way to do a logout:

Session.lookupSession(sessionID).logout();

3. How should I log back in?

Thanks,

WU

Re: Question about logout and logging back in

Muhammad Haseeb

i spent a little time with logout/logon a little while back. i found out that there are more than one ways to logout from a session:

- generateLogout
- session.logout
- prepare and send a logout message yourself

first 2 ways do the same thing. but quickfixj stops reconnecting/logging-in to that session. you need to explicitly call logon yourself in order log back in.

the third way is the not-recommended approach. this way, you will not let quickfixj update underlying state about the session when you send logout to your counter party. but, you do not lose quicfixj's ability to reconnect/login to that session.

looks like, session.logout will do what you are asking for.

[...]

Colin DuPlantis

If the desire is just to trigger a logout (and a logon), you could use JMX via jconsole or other, yeah?

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://">http://quickfix-j.364392.n2.nabble.com/Why-does-QuickfixJ-still-initiate-logon-after-sending-logout-response-td7578396.html

Questions:

1. It seems, that if I logout during a valid session time, quickfixj will try to log back in? If so, how can i force quickfix/j to not log back in?

2. Is this the correct way to do a logout:

Session.lookupSession(sessionID).logout();

3. How should I log back in?

Thanks,

WU

Colin DuPlantis