Order of fields in a repeating group

Naresh Bhatia

I am curious if the order of fields in a repeating group is important. I see that quickfixj provides a Group constructor which allow to specify the order, but I could not find any such requirement in the FIX specification (FIX 4.4 vol 1 page 18 - Repeating Groups) - all it requires is that the delimiter be the first field in the group. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks.
Naresh

Re: Order of fields in a repeating group

Oren Miller

4. Fields within repeating data groups must be specified in the order that the fields are
specified in the message definition within the FIX specification document.  The NoXXX field
where XXX is the field being counted specifies the number of repeating group instances that
must immediately precede the repeating group contents.

On Apr 27, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Naresh Bhatia wrote:

I am curious if the order of fields in a repeating group is important. I see that quickfixj provides a Group constructor which allow to specify the order, but I could not find any such requirement in the FIX specification (FIX 4.4 vol 1 page 18 - Repeating Groups) - all it requires is that the delimiter be the first field in the group. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks.
Naresh

Re: Order of fields in a repeating group

Naresh Bhatia
Thanks Oren. Exactly what I was looking for.
Naresh