NO RESPONDER,,,NOT SENDING MESSAGE

Mohammad Kamran Liaqat

Hi there,,,

I'm having the following entry in my log file on client side,,,

20070202-11:49:58: Session FIX.4.4:sender->target schedule is daily, 00:00:00 UTC - 00:00:00 UTC
20070202-11:49:58: Created session: FIX.4.4:sender->target
20070202-11:49:59: No responder, not sending message

It's not sending messages,,can u plz help??

thanks..

On 2/1/07, Mohammad Kamran Liaqat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Toli,Martin,Merilin

I'm just sending you the log files which were created when I got the sessions established on both sides,,the problem for me is that the MESSAGES files on both sides are empty,,hope you can tell me where I'm doing it wrong..

thanks in advance

On 2/1/07, Mohammad Kamran Liaqat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Toli,Martin,Merilin

I'm just sending you the log files which were created when I got the sessions established on both sides,,the problem for me is that the MESSAGES files on both sides are empty,,hope you can tell me where I'm doing it wrong..

thanks in advance

On 1/31/07, Mohammad Kamran Liaqat <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes the configuration is correct

1/07, Marilen Corciovei <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX/J Documentation: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/QuickFIX/J" target="_blank">http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
QuickFIX/J Support: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.quickfixj.org/support/" target="_blank">http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

Are you sure you configured the right IP:port combination?

Len
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.len.ro/" target="_blank">www.len.ro

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 16:41 +0500, Mohammad Kamran Liaqat wrote:
QuickFIX/J Documentation: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/" target="_blank">http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/

QuickFIX/J Support: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.quickfixj.org/support/" target="_blank">http://www.quickfixj.org/support/
yes I have got 4 files,,,2 on e ach side,,,the EVENT file is showing some info like Session Id,time etc,,but the MESSAGES file is empty on both sides...

On 31/01/2007 11:09, Mohammad Kamran Liaqat wrote:
> I have created the log files but the file supposed to be containing the
> messages is empty..what's the reason,,my client also logs out instantly...

There should be four log files - two for the client, and two
for the server.  None of them have any clue?

Normally when you are logged out straightaway, the server
will send a logout message with an explanation in one of the
fields.  But it's entitled not to send any reply if it
thinks something is very wrong, in which case you'd have to
check the event log.

Martin

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&amp;p=sourceforge&amp;CID=DEVDEV" target="_blank">http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quickfixj-users" target="_blank">https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quickfixj-users

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&amp;p=sourceforge&amp;CID=DEVDEV" target="_blank">http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&amp;p=sourceforge&amp;CID=DEVDEV" target="_blank"> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quickfixj-users" target="_blank">https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quickfixj-users

Re: NO RESPONDER,,,NOT SENDING MESSAGE

ChristopherH

.. and presumably it doesn't say you've been disconnected prior to this ?

As an aside and I don't think this is the issue but how many CPU's do you have OS/ JVM etc ? As there is still a little bit of thread safety problem round the responder, which I think may have been  missed (and I appreciate this method has been flipped around a few times already), I don't think this is the issue I just thought I better mention it.

In Session (i'm looking at at the QuickFix 1.0.5 which is way better than 1.0.4 (good work) src (I hope))....

setResponder is not synchronized and writes to a non volatile member read by another thread.

Although its reader hasResponder is synchronized and will pull the latest version from main memory into any second \ readerthread cache the issue is still that there is no obvious memory barrier to force the setter thread to unload its new cached (set) responder to main memory in the first place , both the IoHandlers that usually call this method have no synchronization. Now somewhere up the tree if it hits a memory barrier all will be well or you if only have one CPU its unlikely to be cached ... i.e. I'm not saying I can categorically state this can happen just that its not very easy to prove it can't.

I'll raise this as bug report if no one spots a flaw in my logic.

In theory this could cause a session to report no responder when it has one, I think setResponder should be synchronized.

Apologies in advance if i missed something or ended up with some old source code.

From:  "Mohammad Kamran Liaqat" <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email]
Subject:  [Quickfixj-users] NO RESPONDER,,,NOT SENDING MESSAGE
Date:  Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:52:19 +0500