Message.toXML does not contain repeating groups

Message.toXML does not contain repeating groups

Thomas Hügel
Hello,

when receiving messages in fromApp callback and calling toString() or
toXML() methods, the repeating groups are not shown.
Looking in the message log i can see the repeating groups. Is this a
bug ?. If not, how can i get the groups using message.toXML() method ?.

Regards
Thomas Huegel

Re: Message.toXML does not contain repeating groups

Stephen Bate
Are you calling the toXML(DataDictionary) method? The toXML() cannot
process repeating groups.

Steve,

i´m using toXML(DataDictionary).
The callback does not list the groups, but goes through the group iterating process (added debugging statements in the library). It seems, that the callback message does not contain the full message contents, because the toString() method does not show the Group fields as well. Very strange.
If i read the message back from Message Storage, then the same function lists the groups.
I´m using the latest quickfix/j 1.1.0 version; i could try an older one but i need the ssl support.

Regards
Thomas

Steve Bate wrote