Logon message userid / password

Gregg Freeman-2

Hopefully this is pretty simple.. :)

I can't seem to figure out how to get a username (553) and password (554) into the logon message when the session starts.  I don't see a session configuration option for that, and I can't seem to intercept the logon message before it's sent either.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Best Regards,

Gregg

Re: Logon message userid / password

toli
Gregg,

There's no way to do it from config files, but you can easily add it
in your fromAdmin() callback in the quickfix.Application.

see this previous post:
http://www.nabble.com/FIX-4.4-Logon-with-Username-and-password-tf3657137.html#a10217445

On 9/14/07, Gregg Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> QuickFIX/J Documentation:
> http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>

> Hopefully this is pretty simple.. :)
>
> I can't seem to figure out how to get a username (553) and password (554)
> into the logon message when the session starts.  I don't see a session
> configuration option for that, and I can't seem to intercept the logon
> message before it's sent either.
>
> Can anyone lend a hand?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Gregg

Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform
download.run.trade.

Re: Logon message userid / password

Gregg Freeman-2
Toli,

Perfect!  Thanks!  The following worked quite nicely:

final Message.Header header = msg.getHeader();
  try {
   if( header.getField(new MsgType()).valueEquals(MsgType.LOGON)){
    msg.setField(new Username("*****"));
    msg.setField(new Password("*****"));
   }
  } catch (FieldNotFound e) {
   log.error("Message Type field not found in the message... This can't be
good!!!" );
  }

Best Regards,

Gregg
> There's no way to do it from config files, but you can easily add it
> in your fromAdmin() callback in the quickfix.Application.
>
> see this previous post:
> http://www.nabble.com/FIX-4.4-Logon-with-Username-and-password-tf3657137.html#a10217445
>

> On 9/14/07, Gregg Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> QuickFIX/J Documentation:
>> http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/
>> QuickFIX/J Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/
>>

>> Hopefully this is pretty simple.. :)
>>
>> I can't seem to figure out how to get a username (553) and password (554)
>> into the logon message when the session starts.  I don't see a session
>> configuration option for that, and I can't seem to intercept the logon
>> message before it's sent either.
>>
>> Can anyone lend a hand?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Gregg

> Toli Kuznets
> http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform
> download.run.trade.

Changing sequence numbers in seqnums file error.

Andrew M-2
  With the C++ QF I can edit my sequence number file, restart the app
and have the session attempt to start with the new #s.  With QF/J I see
a couple odd things.  In the vi editor the file looks like this:

    ^@^C3:2

Not sure why the ^@ and ^C appear before the #s.  When I change the #s
and restart I get:

config error:quickfix.ConfigError: error during session initialization
quickfix.ConfigError: error during session initialization
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.createSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:134)
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.<init>(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:73)
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.<init>(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:65)
        at
quickfix.ThreadedSocketInitiator.<init>(ThreadedSocketInitiator.java:32)
        at qf_handler.QfStartup.createInitiator(QfStartup.java:77)
        at qf_handler.QfStartup.<init>(QfStartup.java:114)
        at qf_handler.QfStartup.main(QfStartup.java:137)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException
        at quickfix.FileStoreFactory.create(FileStoreFactory.java:65)
        at quickfix.Session.<init>(Session.java:274)
        at
quickfix.DefaultSessionFactory.create(DefaultSessionFactory.java:153)
        at
quickfix.mina.SessionConnector.createSession(SessionConnector.java:112)
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.createSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:128)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(RandomAccessFile.java:383)
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:592)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readUTF(RandomAccessFile.java:887)
        at quickfix.FileStore.initializeSequenceNumbers(FileStore.java:159)
        at quickfix.FileStore.initializeCache(FileStore.java:114)
        at quickfix.FileStore.initialize(FileStore.java:108)
        at quickfix.FileStore.<init>(FileStore.java:95)
        at quickfix.FileStoreFactory.create(FileStoreFactory.java:63)
        ... 10 more

Thanks,
Andrew