Logon message

Peter Adelmann

I’ve seen posts regarding the logon message in this group.  It sounds like QFJ generates this message automatically.

But my “exchange partner” claims I’m not sending it because they not seeing the MsgType=A coming through. Perhaps the message is being generated but not sent?

Is there a way to view this message? Something put into the onLogon callback perhaps?

Thanks,

Peter Adelmann

Investment Advisory Services are offered through RobustWealth, a registered investment adviser. Please remember that securities cannot be purchased, sold or traded via e-mail or voice message system. This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or any action or omission of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at (609) 483-8101 or return and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Re: Logon message

QuickFIX/J mailing list

check your message log. It contains the messages that are sent out. Also there should be a message
along the lines of "Initiated logon request" in your event log.

Chris.

On 08/06/17 17:16, Peter Adelmann wrote:

> QuickFIX/J Documentation: http://www.quickfixj.org/documentation/ QuickFIX/J Support:
> http://www.quickfixj.org/support/
>

> Hi,
>
> I’ve seen posts regarding the logon message in this group.  It sounds like QFJ generates this
> message automatically.
>
> But my “exchange partner” claims I’m not sending it because they not seeing the MsgType=A coming
> through. Perhaps the message is being generated but not sent?
>
> Is there a way to view this message? Something put into the onLogon callback perhaps?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Adelmann

> /Investment Advisory Services are offered through RobustWealth, a registered investment adviser.
> *Please remember that securities cannot be purchased, sold or traded via e-mail or voice message
> system.* This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to
> it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any
> disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or any action or omission of this transmission is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
> the sender by telephone at (609) 483-8101 or return and delete the original transmission and its
> attachments without reading or saving in any manner./

Re: Logon message

Peter Adelmann

This message never appears. Could I be inhibiting the message? I did create the logon when I first was trying to connect. Very strange. The code I had at the time was minimal. The obvious answer is to reset everything to that time period, but that's not feasible at this time. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I'm running a "normal" application object. The message is definitely not showing in the logs. If I try to create it by hand(which doesn't seem necessary) the Heartbeat throws an error.
Thank,
Peter