[IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

[IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

RANJAN Nalini

Hi Team,

We are in process of migrating the Cameron API with QuickFix/J.

We have Cameron Stub(Java Classes) and wanted to generate the quickfix dictionary file. Could you please help us on this.

OR

Is there any API/Tool to generate the dictionary from STUB classes.

Your quick help will be highly appreciated as we have very strong deadline to complete.

Best Regards,

Anup

Regards,

Nalini Ranjan

SPARK Application Development Team(ITEC/CTT/EXO/SPARK)

Level 3 Support Hotline number(India Flag.pngBengaluru): 8811 - [hidden email]

SPARK Hotline Support

eu.gif EUROPE                : +33.1589. 35421

hk.gifjp.gifASIA PACIFIC : +852.2166.5959

us.gif AMERICAS           : +1.212.278.6001

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations
couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisee interdite.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. La SOCIETE GENERALE
et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
intended solely for the addresses, and may contain legally privileged
information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any
of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

I don't think there is a tool that does what you require. Why don't you take a default QuickFIX/J
data dictionary file and change it to fit your needs? Probably faster than writing a migration tool.

On 28/11/16 06:19, RANJAN Nalini wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We are in process of migrating the Cameron API with QuickFix/J.
>
> We have Cameron Stub(Java Classes) and wanted to generate the quickfix dictionary file. Could you
> please help us on this.
>
> OR
>
> Is there any API/Tool to generate the dictionary from STUB classes.
>
> Your quick help will be highly appreciated as we have very strong deadline to complete.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Anup
>
> *Regards,*
>
> *Nalini Ranjan*
>
> SPARK Application Development Team(ITEC/CTT/EXO/SPARK)
>
> Level 3 Support Hotline number(India Flag.pngBengaluru): 8811 -
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> _SPARK Hotline Support_
>
> *eu.gif EUROPE : *+33.1589.*35421 *
>
> *hk.gifjp.gifASIA PACIFIC : *+852.2166.*5959 *
>
> *us.gif AMERICAS           : *+1.212.278.*6001*

> Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
> sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations
> couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli
> a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation
> ou diffusion non autorisee interdite.
> Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. La SOCIETE GENERALE
> et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
> s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.

> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
> intended solely for the addresses, and may contain legally privileged
> information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any
> of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
> if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

RANJAN Nalini

HI christoph,

Hope you are doing good..Thaks you so much for your quick response.

We are new in quick fix and we are strugling to make sync with data dictionary, java and message.

Could you please help us to configure  attached two object into QuoteREquest(msgType="R") of default quickfix dictionary ?
And what would be right format of the message from client side ?

Thanks
Nalini

Manger.java (912 bytes) Download Attachment
Employee.java (564 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

RANJAN Nalini

Hi Team,
Just to provide little more information :

We are using the Fix44 dictionary and receiving the below error :

Error: Rejecting invalid message: quickfix.FieldException: Tag appears more than once, field

Regards
Nalini

I don't think there is a tool that does what you require. Why don't you take a default QuickFIX/J
data dictionary file and change it to fit your needs? Probably faster than writing a migration tool.

On 28/11/16 06:19, RANJAN Nalini wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We are in process of migrating the Cameron API with QuickFix/J.
>
> We have Cameron Stub(Java Classes) and wanted to generate the quickfix dictionary file. Could you
> please help us on this.
>
> OR
>
> Is there any API/Tool to generate the dictionary from STUB classes.
>
> Your quick help will be highly appreciated as we have very strong deadline to complete.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Anup
>
> *Regards,*
>
> *Nalini Ranjan*
>
> SPARK Application Development Team(ITEC/CTT/EXO/SPARK)
>
> Level 3 Support Hotline number(India Flag.pngBengaluru): 8811 -
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> _SPARK Hotline Support_
>
> *eu.gif EUROPE : *+33.1589.*35421 *
>
> *hk.gifjp.gifASIA PACIFIC : *+852.2166.*5959 *
>
> *us.gif AMERICAS           : *+1.212.278.*6001*

> Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
> sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations
> couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli
> a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation
> ou diffusion non autorisee interdite.
> Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. La SOCIETE GENERALE
> et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
> s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.

> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
> intended solely for the addresses, and may contain legally privileged
> information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any
> of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
> if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

I have not the faintest idea on how the classes you have sent will match to anything in FIX.
However, the error message that you have sounds like the FIX messages you receive are not matching your data dictionary. Fields should only appear once in the message. Except they are part of a repeating group.
So just ask your counter-party for their rules of engagement document, go through it message by message and alter the data dictionary accordingly.
I don't know who is your counter-party, but some of them already provide QuickFIX data dictionaries (if you are lucky).

On 28/11/16 16:21, RANJAN Nalini wrote:
[...]

[hidden email] [hidden email]

[...]

Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

Dale Wilson

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Christoph John <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't know who is your counter-party, but some of them already provide QuickFIX data dictionaries (if you are lucky).

And if they don't, they almost always provide a rules-of-engagement document which says "here are our extensions and interpretations of FIX version X.X." (Alas, often in a PDF)   Your job is to take the QuickFIX off-the-shelf FIX version X.X dictionary and modify it to include the changes described in the rules-of-engagement.

Then you can create your classes based on the actual data you are receiving from or sending to your counterparty.

Dale

Re: [IMPORTANT]Need help to generate dictionary file

Grant Birchmeier

Nalini,

See this page for some help:

This is actually from the docs for the C# port of QuickFIX, but the DataDictionary file format is the same, so it does apply to QF/j as well.

-Grant

[...]

Direct: <a href="tel:%2B49%20241%20557080-28" value="+4924155708028" target="_blank">+49 241 557080-28
Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Tel: +49 241 557080-0 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B49%20241%20557080-10" value="+4924155708010" target="_blank">+49 241 557080-10

Grant Birchmeier
Connamara Systems, LLC
Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.

Re: Need to get data from stub class

Does this answer your question?
http://www.quickfixj.org/quickfixj/usermanual/1.6.1/usage/receiving_messages.html

On 02/12/16 13:38, SINGH Anup wrote:

Hi Team,

Thanks for all your previous help. We have few more question to clarify.

We already have the Message object in onMessage(Message message, SessionID sessionID), we want to access the value from stub classes in our application :

For Example : we have the QuoteRequest Object(Stub class) and we are assuming that it will be filled by data while reaching in onMessage method an now we wanted to access those data.

A quick help will be highly thankful to you.

Best Regards,

Anup

Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Re: Need to get data from stub class

I don't quite understand. When the message instance (e.g. NewOrderSingle) reaches the onMessage() method then it is filled will all the fields that are in the NewOrderSingle that has been sent over the wire.
Maybe give some code examples, I don't know what you are trying to do.

On 02/12/16 14:51, SINGH Anup wrote:

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we are expecting something like this only, but instead of retrieving the one by one field, we want to retrieve all the stub classes  together.

  ClearingAccount clearingAccount = new ClearingAccount();

  message.get(clearingAccount);

For Example : if we are generating the stub class from dictionary it will generate the many classes and we are expecting that while cracking the message these stub should be filled by data.

And wanted to access those classes for our logic.

Best Regards,

Anup

Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Re: Need to get data from stub class

Jose Chavez

Make sure you are using the MessageFactory created when you generated your message classes. The MessageCracker needs this along with the data dictionary xml file to properly create the message objects.

On Dec 2, 2016 8:25 AM, "Christoph John" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Direct: <a href="tel:+49%20241%2055708028" value="+4924155708028" target="_blank">+49 241 557080-28
Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Tel: +49 241 557080-0 | Fax: <a href="tel:+49%20241%2055708010" value="+4924155708010" target="_blank">+49 241 557080-10

Re: Need to get data from stub class

Tod Harter

Have you looked at MessageCracker?

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:25 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Subject: [Quickfixj-users]  Need to get data from stub class
To: "[hidden email]"
        <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]"
        <[hidden email]>
Cc: SINGH Anup <[hidden email]>

Hi Team,

Thanks for all your previous help. We have few more question to clarify.

We already have the Message object in onMessage(Message message, SessionID sessionID), we want to access the value from stub classes in our application :

For Example : we have the QuoteRequest Object(Stub class) and we are assuming that it will be filled by data while reaching in onMessage method an now we wanted to access those data.

A quick help will be highly thankful to you.

Best Regards,
Nalini

Regards,
Nalini Ranjan

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.” -Winston Churchill

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Re: Need to get data from stub class

do you people talk to each other? ;) Just asking because the same questions are always asked by you or Ranjan Nalini, usually just some minutes apart. I mean, it's the same company...

Normally, the order is not important, except when you are parsing a repeating group. So just make sure that the order in the repeating groups of the message matches what the counterparty sends.
Moreover, there are some options listed here that you might want to try: http://www.quickfixj.org/quickfixj/usermanual/1.6.1/usage/configuration.html#Validation
E.g. ValidateUnorderedGroupFields

On 14/12/16 15:11, SINGH Anup wrote:

Hi Team,

Thanks for all your help.

Is it mandatory that the order of the message and the dictionary should be same .

Our trade is getting rejected by same.

Best Regards,

Anup

Mailto:Christoph.John@...