How to know the last message sequence number processed by quickfixj

How to know the last message sequence number processed by quickfixj

Anila Saifan

Hi Team,

How do I know the last message sequence number processed in quickfixj .In my message logs I get session level rejects and also could see 369=0 .Please help me debug the issue.I want to know whether my records have been processed or not.

Also I see a failure pattern when trying to submit a file using quickfixj to third party.

One my first submission using quickfixj I am able to submit the file with no rejects .But when I try to submit the same file again I get rejects .
I get 35=j and 35=3

Invalid tag number

Also when I try to submit some other file I see messageĀ  rejects in the logs of the previous file I submitted and the current file I submitted .

With the same error Invalid tag number.

Any Idea how do I debug the issue?

Many thanks

Re: How to know the last message sequence number processed by quickfixj

Guido Medina

I believe you have access to it via SocketInitiator or SocketAcceptor's MessageStoreFactory which at the same time has access to the message store,
the methods are:
-int getNextSenderMsgSeqNum()
-int getNextTargetMsgSeqNum()

https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/blob/master/quickfixj-core/src/main/java/quickfix/MessageStore.java

[...]

Well, no, you construct your MessageStoreFactory but it really doesn't have a getter to get the MessageStore so I guess you will have to have a pointer to the MessageStore,
but remember it is not thread safe so you might get outdated values, on a different subject maybe we change that to an atomic integer.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Guido Medina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe you have access to it via SocketInitiator or SocketAcceptor's MessageStoreFactory which at the same time has access to the message store,
the methods are:
-int getNextSenderMsgSeqNum()
-int getNextTargetMsgSeqNum()

https://github.com/quickfix-j/quickfixj/blob/master/quickfixj-core/src/main/java/quickfix/MessageStore.java

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Anila Saifan <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX/J
Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/