How to change the WriteTimeout for mina IO Sessions

How to change the WriteTimeout for mina IO Sessions

Vipin Chaudhary

Hi Team,

I am frequently getting following exception on my acceptor side.

Disconnecting:  Socket exception (/10.51.128.1: 50578): org.apache.mina.core.write.WriteTimeoutException

On further investigation I found that apache mina has 60s default write timeout.

I was looking for a way to override this property. Does any one have a idea about how can i change this value at quickfix level?

Note :- org.apache.mina.core.session.IoSessionConfig has a setter for that but looks like this property is never used in quickfixj.

Thanks
Vipin

Re: How to change the WriteTimeout for mina IO Sessions

QuickFIX/J mailing list

Are you using SocketSynchronousWrites in your config? If yes, then I would guess that setting SocketSynchronousWriteTimeout to e.g. 120000 should set that timeout to 120 seconds.
But I never used that config. Are you sure you are going to need it?

Chris.

On 18/07/17 13:29, Vipin Chaudhary wrote:
Hi Team,

I am frequently getting following exception on my acceptor side.

Disconnecting:  Socket exception (/10.51.128.1: 50578): org.apache.mina.core.write.WriteTimeoutException

On further investigation I found that apache mina has 60s default write timeout.

I was looking for a way to override this property. Does any one have a idea about how can i change this value at quickfix level?

Note :- org.apache.mina.core.session.IoSessionConfig has a setter for that but looks like this property is never used in quickfixj.

Thanks
Vipin

Mailto:Christoph.John@...

http://www.macd.com

Re: How to change the WriteTimeout for mina IO Sessions

martyix
Hi Matheson,

thank you! It works great.

Regards,