How does QuickFix/J handle rate throughput

How does QuickFix/J handle rate throughput

Rupak

Hello

If my FIX consumer application that implements the following method is slow in processing the message in the method’s functionality, does the engine starts buffering the incoming messages that might be coming at a faster rate or is there an auto throughput negotiation between the two parties so that the sender slows down the traffic. I am using QuickFix/J 1.6.0

public void onMessage(MarketDataSnapshotFullRefresh message, SessionID sessionID)

thanks

RK