FIX50SP1 and FIX50SP2 generation

Alpha Shock

I can see that quickfixj-codegenerator plugin is not configured for fix50sp1 and fix50sp2 dictionaries by default. When I configure it manually, the code generator is not able to generate valid Java classes. I can see this is caused by new XML field types where fields use the same name as component names such as:

<component name="DerivativeInstrument">
    <component name="DerivativeSecurityXML" required="N"/>
</component>

<component name="DerivativeSecurityXML">
      <field name="DerivativeSecurityXMLLen" required="N"/>
      <field name="DerivativeSecurityXML" required="N"/>
      <field name="DerivativeSecurityXMLSchema" required="N"/>
</component>

Am I missing something or this supposed to be fixed in the future releases? I've seen QFJ-453, but it doesn't look like SP1 and SP2 are fully supported. Is there any JIRA for this?

Thanks,
Marcin

Re: FIX50SP1 and FIX50SP2 generation

Robert Nicholson

Does the code let you inline the definition of a component? ie. what object does the component name bind to?

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 6:49 AM, Alpha Shock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can see that quickfixj-codegenerator plugin is not configured for fix50sp1 and fix50sp2 dictionaries by default. When I configure it manually, the code generator is not able to generate valid Java classes. I can see this is caused by new XML field types where fields use the same name as component names such as:
>
> <component name="DerivativeInstrument">
>     <component name="DerivativeSecurityXML" required="N"/>
> </component>
>
> <component name="DerivativeSecurityXML">
>       <field name="DerivativeSecurityXMLLen" required="N"/>
>       <field name="DerivativeSecurityXML" required="N"/>
>       <field name="DerivativeSecurityXMLSchema" required="N"/>
> </component>
>
> Am I missing something or this supposed to be fixed in the future releases? I've seen QFJ-453, but it doesn't look like SP1 and SP2 are fully supported. Is there any JIRA for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcin

Re: FIX50SP1 and FIX50SP2 generation

as I wrote in
http://www.quickfixj.org/jira/browse/QFJ-453?focusedCommentId=11685&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-11685
the code generator does not handle some cases well.
IIRC there is no other JIRA bug ticket since the code generator is more intended as an internal tool
to generate the data dictionaries for QF/J.