Error when launching Banzai

ilyas.usal

Hi all,

I've been using Banzai for quite some time now. I've made a few changes to
the interface and added a few capabilities. I've decided to use the last
version of the quickfix.jar to solve some stability issues (I was using a
quickfix.jar version dated 07/12/2005) but as there seem to be quite a few
changes from the version I used, so I thought it would be better to start
all over again with the last version.

I've just downloaded quickfixj and tried to start Banzai but I got this
error:

<20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Session
FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST schedule is daily, 00:01:00 UTC - 00:00:00 UTC)
<20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Created session:
FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST)
org/apache/mina/common/TransportType
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.getSocketAddresses(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:150)
        at
quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.initiateSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:81)
        at quickfix.SocketInitiator.initialize(SocketInitiator.java:78)
        at quickfix.SocketInitiator.start(SocketInitiator.java:63)
        at banzai.Banzai.logon(Banzai.java:84)
        at banzai.Banzai.main(Banzai.java:116)

I haven't made any change to anything. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Ilyas

Re: Error when launching Banzai

Martin Ellis-5

[hidden email] wrote:
> I've just downloaded quickfixj and tried to start Banzai but I got this
> error:
>
> <20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Session
> FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST schedule is daily, 00:01:00 UTC - 00:00:00 UTC)
> <20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Created session:
> FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST)
> org/apache/mina/common/TransportType

Hmm... NoClassDefFoundError for a class that does appear in the mina
jar.  That's very similar to the error I had when I tried to run
QuickFIX/J in the Sun Application Server (different class though).

I never did figure out what was causing that.

Martin

Re: Error when launching Banzai

Joerg Thoennes
Hi Ilyas,

On 02/22/2007 12:15 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I've been using Banzai for quite some time now. I've made a few changes to
> the interface and added a few capabilities. I've decided to use the last
> version of the quickfix.jar to solve some stability issues (I was using a
> quickfix.jar version dated 07/12/2005) but as there seem to be quite a few
> changes from the version I used, so I thought it would be better to start
> all over again with the last version.
>
> I've just downloaded quickfixj and tried to start Banzai but I got this
> error:
>
> <20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Session
> FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST schedule is daily, 00:01:00 UTC - 00:00:00 UTC)
> <20070222-10:55:01, FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST, event> (Created session:
> FIX.4.0:RIOE->BPEFRRORTEST)
> org/apache/mina/common/TransportType
>         at
> quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.getSocketAddresses(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:150)
>         at
> quickfix.mina.initiator.AbstractSocketInitiator.initiateSessions(AbstractSocketInitiator.java:81)
>         at quickfix.SocketInitiator.initialize(SocketInitiator.java:78)
>         at quickfix.SocketInitiator.start(SocketInitiator.java:63)
>         at banzai.Banzai.logon(Banzai.java:84)
>         at banzai.Banzai.main(Banzai.java:116)
>
> I haven't made any change to anything. Am I missing something?

Yes, in the meantime QuickFIX/J is using the MINA libraries to provide network connectivity. Most
probably you are missing the MINA jar in your class path. Please check the utility jar files in the
lib directory of QuickFIX/J and include them in your class path.

Cheers, Jörg

--
Joerg Thoennes                      Tel.: +49 (0)241 44597-24
                                     http://www.macd.com

Joerg Thoennes wrote:
> Yes, in the meantime QuickFIX/J is using the MINA libraries to provide network connectivity. Most
> probably you are missing the MINA jar in your class path. Please check the utility jar files in the
> lib directory of QuickFIX/J and include them in your class path.

Oh, that's probably unrelated to the problem I had then... nevermind.
For the time I've been using it, QuickFIX/J has always required mina.

Martin

Re: Error when launching Banzai

Ulrich Staudinger
It's just the jar name of the start script.
The start script points to mina-0.9.3.jar, irrc, whereas the latest
QuickFix release contains in the lib folder mina-1.0.0.jar .

Sincerely yours,
Ulrich

Ulrich Staudinger wrote:
> It's just the jar name of the start script.
> The start script points to mina-0.9.3.jar, irrc, whereas the latest
> QuickFix release contains in the lib folder mina-1.0.0.jar .

Er...?  Was this addressed to me?

I was trying to run QuickFIX/J in an application server, so there was
no 'start script'.  The quickfix and mina jars were included in a war
that was deployed to the app server.

No idea why it didn't work.  The 'missing' class was actually included
in the mina jar in the deployed war, so the NoClassDefFound is a bit of
a mystery to me.

Apparently it can be made to work with JBoss, but I couldn't figure it
out at all with Sun's app server.

Martin