Quantcast

Default database schema

Derek Mahar

How can I change the default PostgreSQL database schema that QuickFIX/J uses?

Thank you,

Derek

Re: Default database schema

Colin DuPlantis

QFJ doesn't have a default schema - it's up to you. Several different sets of SQL files are included with the distribution, including MySQL and Oracle. You can use whichever one you want. If you use Oracle, be aware that you need to set JdbcSessionIdDefaultPropertyValue to something non-null.

On 5/17/16 7:40 AM, Derek Mahar wrote:

How can I change the default PostgreSQL database schema that QuickFIX/J uses?

Thank you,

Derek

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
800.819.2928 x101 +1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Re: Default database schema

Colin DuPlantis

I see, I misunderstood your question.

Post your JDBC URL.

On 5/17/16 7:55 AM, Derek Mahar wrote:

I did use the PostgreSQL scripts to generate the database and inserted the tables in a specific schema.  However, though QFJ can find the tables in the "public" schema, it can't find them in the "quickfix" schema, even when I set the current schema of the datasource to "quickfix".

On 17 May 2016 at 10:45, Colin DuPlantis <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX/J
Support: http://www.quickfixj.org/support/

QFJ doesn't have a default schema - it's up to you. Several different sets of SQL files are included with the distribution, including MySQL and Oracle. You can use whichever one you want. If you use Oracle, be aware that you need to set JdbcSessionIdDefaultPropertyValue to something non-null.

On 5/17/16 7:40 AM, Derek Mahar wrote:

How can I change the default PostgreSQL database schema that QuickFIX/J uses?

Thank you,

Derek

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:800.819.2928%20x101" value="+18008192928" target="_blank">800.819.2928 x101 <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B1.541.306.6556" value="+15413066556" target="_blank">+1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Colin DuPlantis
Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
800.819.2928 x101 +1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Re: Default database schema

Derek Mahar

The client doesn't actually use a JDBC URL.  Instead, it creates and configures a datasource directly:

final PGPoolingDataSource dataSource = new PGPoolingDataSource();
dataSource.setCurrentSchema("quickfix");
dataSource.setDatabaseName("quickfix");
dataSource.setUser("postgres");
dataSource.setPassword("password");
dataSource.setServerName("postgres");
final JdbcStoreFactory storeFactory = new JdbcStoreFactory(sessionSettings);
storeFactory.setDataSource(dataSource);

I guess the equivalent JDBC URL would be "jdbc:postgresql://postgres:5432/quickfix"

Derek

[...]

Can you connect using this datasource to a non-QFJ test app? If not, then the problem probably isn't QFJ, but just a generic problem with your pool.

I would try this:

- create the QFJ tables in the default public schema. Can you connect? If so, then the problem might be w/permissions, etc.
- Use a generic pool like C3P0 and a JDBC URL

Not really an answer to your question, but I hope it helps.

[...]

I don't think this is a QFJ issue. You provide the JdbcStoreFactory with a dataSource but I don't think QFJ works any harder after that to say "this schema" or "that schema".

It's not clear to me from the doc for PSQL that you can specify what schema or search path to use.

Seems to me that you can either put the QFJ tables in the default schema or change the default schema for your postgres (maybe change this to quickfix?) user:

ALTER USER user_name SET search_path to quickfix;

[...]

I like this idea.  If it doesn't work, I will try to explicitly invoke

SET search_path TO quickfix;

on the JDBC connection before starting the session.

Derek