Can quickfixj do this?

Peter Adelmann

Thanks for answering my previous posts. Very helpful.

I’m trying to use QFJ to submit messages(mainly orders) to a receiver but need to pull the orders out of a database. I have a class which implements Application but the stock methods don’t seem to be working with my code. I seem to be creating a session when my application comes up. I have some code in onLogon, but I’m really establishing a session at this point. Not really logging on. I’m trying to send a message(messages in the future) to an endpoint socket connection, which shows up in my logs. I’m doing this in the toApp callback. It doesn’t seem to be working or the logging doesn’t get displayed.

For the JDBC things which I have to do, can I establish a connection in my application object or should I do that from the object that calls my application object and then pass it into QFJ? I have a configuration which QFJ doesn’t seem to care about. I realize there’s a way to do either but nothing with QFJ seems to behave as one might think. Just wondering if I should separate QFJ to only send messages, and control it from my side.

Thanks,

Peter Adelmann

Investment Advisory Services are offered through RobustWealth, a registered investment adviser. Please remember that securities cannot be purchased, sold or traded via e-mail or voice message system. This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or any action or omission of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at (609) 483-8101 or return and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Re: Can quickfixj do this?

Øyvind Matheson Wergeland

Hi Peter,

Do not use toApp to send other messages, however the described use case for toApp in seems relevant to you: http://www.quickfixj.org/quickfixj/usermanual/1.6.3/usage/application.html

Have you read the user manual? To send messages, call Session.sendToTarget in your preferred way (which should be the "Most Type Safe" option):

http://www.quickfixj.org/quickfixj/usermanual/1.6.3/usage/sending_messages.html

Best regards

Øyvind Matheson Wergeland
CTO