Building a bulk message initiator.

Peter Adelmann

I know this will seem silly to anyone with experience using Quickfixj but I’m a little new to it. I’m in the process of building the login message and have a simple question. Does the login require a header? Perhaps that begs the next question, do all messages need a header?

Thanks,

Peter

Investment Advisory Services are offered through RobustWealth, a registered investment adviser. Please remember that securities cannot be purchased, sold or traded via e-mail or voice message system. This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or any action or omission of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at (609) 483-8101 or return and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Re: Building a bulk message initiator.

Colin DuPlantis

Yes, the login requires a header, and, yes, all messages require a header.

However, QFJ automatically attaches a header to all messages for you and automatically sends login messages. All you have to do is to create the initiator and the session. When the session is current (as dictated by the start/end times you define for the session), QFJ will automatically send the login and process the responses.

On 05/22/2017 01:23 PM, Peter Adelmann wrote:

[...]

Chief Architect, Marketcetera
Download, Run, Trade
888.868.4884 +1.541.306.6556
http://www.marketcetera.org

Re: Building a bulk message initiator.

Peter Adelmann

Thanks Colin. So it would seem lot of what's needed to transact is configuration based? Then could I assume Acceptor is similar?
[...]

Yes, the acceptor is similar in concept: create the acceptor with config
that defines the sessions. The only difference is that the remote
initiator makes the first move in creating the session: sending the
logon. QFJ handles the logon message and the responses. Application
messages are up to you, but QFJ will create the headers for you.