Quantcast

Anyone using fix simulator on this mailing list

Anyone using fix simulator on this mailing list

web user

The simulator has helped me so much. I'm now doing more exotic order types and the broker always has some custom fields. Is there a way to disable field validation so that the orders with custom broker fields don't get rejected.

I tried to add the following section to the fixsimulator config file:

[Validation]
ValidateIncomingMessage=N

And that did not work.

I understand that disabling field validation is bad, but I just want to basic code coverage test on orders with custom fields and this would be very helpful.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

WU

Re: Anyone using fix simulator on this mailing list

from which range are the fields that your broker is using? If they were from the user-defined range
(above 5000), then you could try to set ValidateUserDefinedFields = N

Cheers,
Chris.