1.6.1 DataDictionary XML MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE typo

1.6.1 DataDictionary XML MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE typo

Dmitry Platonov

Hi

Sorry if this have been posted already...

We've just found a typo in XML files for the 1.6.1 release for fields with type "MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE". They all should've been "MULTIPLEVALUESTRING".

Otherwise, field value validation fails in quickfix.Session#932. It fails to determine correct FieldType for fields like TradeCondition(75).

Easy to reproduce:
{code}
public void testXmlTypo() {
  assertEquals(FieldType.Unknown, FieldType.fromName("notused", "MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE"));
  assertEquals(FieldType.MultipleValueString, FieldType.fromName("MULTIPLEVALUESTRING"));
}
{code}

Dmitry

Re: 1.6.1 DataDictionary XML MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE typo

thanks, good catch. :)
I have analysed this a little, and it seems to stem from the original FPL repository files which
were the base for the data dictionaries.
Including FIX4.4 we can see "MultipleValueString" in Fields.xml, starting from FIX5.0 it is
"MultipleStringValue".

Can you please open a JIRA issue? I can also open one if you don't have access there.
http://www.quickfixj.org/jira/projects/QFJ/summary

On 11/03/16 11:47, Dmitry Platonov wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry if this have been posted already...
>
> We've just found a typo in XML files for the 1.6.1 release for fields with type "MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE". They all should've been "MULTIPLEVALUESTRING".
>
> Otherwise, field value validation fails in quickfix.Session#932. It fails to determine correct FieldType for fields like TradeCondition(75).
>
> Easy to reproduce:
> {code}
> public void testXmlTypo() {
>    assertEquals(FieldType.Unknown, FieldType.fromName("notused", "MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE"));
>    assertEquals(FieldType.MultipleValueString, FieldType.fromName("MULTIPLEVALUESTRING"));
> }
> {code}
>
> Dmitry

Re: 1.6.1 DataDictionary XML MULTIPLESTRINGVALUE typo

Dmitry Platonov

Hi Christoph

Created QFJ-881.

Thanks